Saturday, November 27, 2010

And we're off...

Well, it's been one year in the works, but now this trip is finally happening. Along with my faithful and trusty student extraordinaire, Anna Carroll, I am sitting in JFK, about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. Although I have no Moroccan news to report yet and I'm new to this whole blogging business, I did want to share one piece of great news. Together, Anna and I have raised over $10,000 in the last few months on behalf of The American Fondouk. This is an extraordinary amount of money that will go a long long way to help the animals of Morocco. I have been greatly humbled by the generosity of our friends, family, and clients and have great confidence that the money will be put to good use. This fundraising effort certainly would not have been as successful as it was without some help from the inside. I am indebted to my tireless office manager, Debbie, for her creativity and clever fundraising ideas. Our corporate support from Millburn and Wedgewood Pharmacy advanced our fundraising campaign significantly. I would also be remiss not to be thankful for the support of my colleagues who will be stepping up to cover my calls while I'm gone. I am truly lucky to be part of such an incredible team. And with that, it's time to board our flight and get this show on the road.

2 comments:

  1. Emily - it's been so fun watching the gifts roll in and your excitement build. We'll all be following along on your adventures, stateside from the MSPCA-Angell in Boston :-) GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete